Mega Load Inc. is a fully licensed and insured Transport Company registered with the USDOT(DOT#: 2627036). This agreement is between solely the customer and his, her or its duly authorized agents, (hereinafter referred to as “Customer”), and Mega Load Inc.
Personal checks are not acceptable form of payment unless cleared by our offices. Balance due must be cash, cashiers check or money order at either origin, at destination, or as instructed. Mega Load Inc. will begin making pick-up and delivery arrangements upon receipt of this form, completely filled in.
Payments should be made out to: Mega Load Inc.
Payments should be mailed to:
Mega Load Inc.
6037 North Cicero Avenue, Unit B
Chicago, IL. 60646
Please call if additional information is required: 773-205-0100
The option to cancel a shipping order is available at any time, at no cost and with no cancellation fee, as long as the order has not yet been assigned (dispatched) to a Driver. Our services are considered rendered when a Driver is assigned to an order.
Cancellation of an order must be submitted via phone call: 773-205-0100
Once a Driver has been assigned (dispatched) to a shipping order, Mega Load Inc. notifies Customer via email or phone (to the email address or phone number provided at service booking).
If Customer decides to cancel the shipping order after a Driver has been assigned (dispatched), up to $400 cancellation fee (dry run fee) will be assessed, as our services have been rendered. If payment was done in advance, any remaining balance will be refunded.
If for whatever reason a Driver unable to pick up an order that has been assigned (dispatched), up to $400 cancellation fee (dry run fee) will be assessed, as our services have been rendered. If payment was done in advance, any remaining balance will be refunded.
Contract Terms and Liability Disclaimer
- Carrier will pick up and deliver as close to Customer’s door as legally and safely as possible. A mutually agreed upon place to load or unload the vehicle(s) may be necessary due to low hanging trees, low hanging wires, narrow streets and residential area restrictions.
- Mega Load Inc. shall provide Customer with an estimated pickup and estimated delivery date. However, delays may occur prior to, and/or during, transport due to weather, road conditions, mechanical problems, etc. There are absolutely no guarantees regarding pickup or delivery times and dates and Mega Load Inc. shall not be held responsible for those delays. Mega Load Inc. shall not be held responsible for loss or damages occasioned by delays of any kind or for any reason, car rental fees, storage fees or any accommodation fees. Mega Load Inc. shall not be held liable for failure of mechanical or operating parts of Customer’s vehicle.
- The customer is responsible for the cost or expenses, including towing, storage or repair charges, resulting from malfunction of the vehicle during transportation and delivery.
- The customer agrees that his/her vehicle is insured and his/her insurance has primary responsibility.
- Mega Load Inc. is authorized to operate and transport Customer’s motor vehicle between its pickup location and the destination set forth on the shipping order and Bill of Lading.
- Customer must prepare vehicle for transport. All loose parts, fragile accessories, low hanging spoilers, etc. must be removed or secured. Customer shall remove all non-permanent, outside mounted luggage and other racks prior to shipment. Vehicles must be tendered to Mega Load Inc. in good running condition (unless otherwise noted) with less than a half tank of fuel (preferably 1/4 tank). Any part of the vehicle that falls off during transport is Customer’s responsibility including damages caused by said part to any vehicles(s) and/or person involved.
- Customer must disarm any alarm system installed in the vehicle or provide proper instructions for this matter. In the event said alarm sounds and there are no keys or instructions to turn it off, Mega Load Inc. may silence alarm by any means.
- Mega Load Inc. will not be responsible for any mechanical function damages that include engine, transmission, rear end, motor mounts, drive trains, wiring systems, cooling systems, window motors, radio, stereo systems, power steering, air bag, brake cable or brake system, clutch cable or clutch, engine tuning, vehicle computerized systems, alarm systems, any switch, alignment or suspension, folding mirrors, antennas, fuel lines, brake lines, etc. (anything that is mechanical or electrical).
- Luggage and personal property must be confined to one suitcase OR one bag in the trunk only, with no heavy articles, and is not to exceed 100 lbs. This is to obey transport laws which states that a carrier is prohibited to having any vehicle on the trailer blocking any of its windows. Mega Load Inc. also adheres to the truck and load weight limits. For every vehicle that is filled with items over the window seal or exceeding weight limits, up to $200 weight limit fee (visibility fee) may be assessed. Mega Load Inc. is not liable for personal items left in vehicle, nor for damage to vehicle caused by excessive or improper loading of personal items. No personal property shall be transported in customer’s vehicle(s) that includes, but is not limited to, Explosives, Guns, Ammunition, Flammable Products, Narcotics, Negotiable and Legal Papers, Alcoholic Beverages, Jewelry, Furs, Money, Live Pets, Live Plants or any unlawful contraband. Customer agrees that Mega Load Inc. may confiscate or dispose of said items with no remuneration. Mega Load Inc. will not be held responsible for delivery of personal property. If Customer wishes to put items in the vehicle, they does so at their own risk.
- If the vehicle is oversized (dual or oversized wheels, extra-large, racks, lifted, limo, etc.) Customer must inquire as to the extra charges. If Mega Load Inc. is not advised of oversized/modified vehicles prior to pickup, all extra charges must be paid in cash or money order to the Carrier upon pickup or delivery. Mega Load Inc. will not accept inoperable vehicles. If Mega Load Inc. is not advised of inoperable vehicles prior to pickup, the order will be cancelled and up to $400 cancellation fee (dry run fee) will be assessed, as our services have been rendered. If payment was done in advance, any remaining balance will be refunded.
- Customer agrees that Mega Load Inc. has the right to reject (cancel) any order for any reason at any time.
- At the time of pickup, Customer and Mega Load Inc. Driver will carefully inspect the vehicle for pre-existing damage (exterior only) by completing a vehicle inspection report recorded on the Bill of Lading. Mega Load Inc. Driver and Customer will both acknowledge the condition of the vehicle and Customer will sign and receive a copy of the Bill of Lading.
- At the time of delivery, Customer and Mega Load Inc. Driver will carefully inspect the vehicle for possible damages incurred during transit. Mega Load Inc. Driver and Customer will both acknowledge the condition of the vehicle and Customer will sign and receive a final copy of the Bill of Lading.
- Damage must be noted in the proper place on the Bill of Lading and signed by Customer regardless of weather conditions, time of day or day of week. Signing the Bill of Lading and inspection report without notation of any damage verifies that Customer has received his vehicle(s) in satisfactory condition, and that Mega Load Inc. and their agents are relieved of any further responsibility. Any exceptions for damages must be noted on the Bill of landing at time of delivery. A claim for damage not documented on Bill of Landing will not be honored. All claims must be made in writing within 3 (three) days of delivery with a statement of specific damages claimed. All claims, subrogation, litigation, or legal action must have right of venue in state of Illinois, county of Cook, in the municipal court.
- Mega Load Inc. will not be responsible for any acts of vandalism or terrorism during transportation.
- Customer agrees and understands that Mega Load Inc. is a registered vehicle transport company. Mega Load Inc is not liable for any issues processed by any Broker who assigned the order to us. Mega Load Inc. and Carrier reserve the right to use multiple modes of transportation, including but not limited to truck, rail and ship.
- Customer further agrees and understands that Mega Load Inc.’s sole responsibility in the transaction between the customer and Mega Load Inc. is to procure a carrier for shipment of the customer’s property. Customer understands that Mega Load Inc. never takes possession of, transports, or delivers the Customer’s property.
- All C.O.D. payments for transport must be in the form of cash or certified check. The customer agrees that if the payment can not be made, the vehicle will be stored at the customer’s expense. Should the customer be unable to accept delivery for any reason, the vehicle could be placed in storage. Any and all storage and /or additional delivery charges, will be paid by customer.
- In case of a claim the customer must provide three estimates from three different body shops from which the transporter choses.The customer agrees that this is the only contract between the parties governing this transport and no other agreement or contract is in effect. No claim or legal action of any kind may be initiated against transporter’s agent(s) or the transport broker (if any). Claims for damage must be made directly to the transporter.
- Exceptions for damages must be noted on the Bill of landing at time of delivery. A claim for damage not documented on Bill of Landing will not be honored. All claims must be made in writing within 3 (three) days of delivery with a statement of specific damages claimed. All claims, subrogation, litigation, or legal action must have right of venue in state of Illinois, county of Cook, in the municipal court.
- The transporter is not responsible for any damages that occur during pickup, transportation, storage or delivery. The customer ships his/her vehicle at his/her own risk.
- As outlined in Section 10761 of the Interstate Commerce Act (49 USC 10761)[http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/USCODE-1994-title49/html/USCODE-1994-title49-subtitleIV-chap107-subchapIV-sec10761.htm] the payment of freight charges may not be postponed due to alleged loss or damage. These charges should be paid in full and the portion applicable to the lost or damaged item should be included in the freight claim.
- The following items are important to remember:
- Claims and payment of freight charges are two entirely different transactions.
- ICC regulations prohibit withholding the payment of freight bills due to a pending claim. (Administrative Ruling No. 128)[http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2007-07-05/pdf/E7-11717.pdf]
- Without payment of the freight charges, payment for transportation has not been made. A valid claim will not be paid until freight charges are made.
- Claims will not be reviewed if payment of service is not fulfill.
- Mega Load Inc. accepts responsibility of vehicle after pre-inspection is done and Bill of Lading is signed by the Customer. Mega Load Inc. responsibility will end when the vehicle is delivered and Customer signs final Bill of Lading inspection.
- Mega Load Inc. will not be responsible for damage caused by leaking fluids (engine oil, transmission oil, battery acids, brake systems, cooling systems, anti-freeze solutions), industrial fall-out, acts of God, hail or storm damage, or damage resulting from worn/broken parts of vehicle or added personal items. The Mega Load Inc. will not be responsible for damage caused by freezing of engine, cooling system, and/or batteries.
- The customer is responsible for properly preparing their vehicle for inspection (washing vehicle, removing mud, dirt, snot, etc.). Mega Load Inc. is not responsible for scratches, paint chips, dents, pits, etc. which are not visible at time of inspection due to poor preparation of vehicle by customer or due to poor visibility (darkness, rain, snow, vehicle is dirty, etc.)
- Mega Load Inc. will not be responsible for things accumulated on the vehicle or inside the vehicle during transportation like water, snow, dirt, tar, oil, smut, sand, dust or fluids that leaked from other vehicles, etc.
- Mega Load Inc. will not be responsible for any exhaust system, mufflers, catalytic converters or tail pipes. No exceptions.
- Mega Load Inc. will not be responsible for convertible tops that are loose, torn, or have visible wear. Mega Load Inc. will not be responsible for vehicle boots, caps, masks, bras, or any other type of canvas or material covering. No exceptions.
- Mega Load Inc. does not inspect the interior of the vehicle or underneath the vehicle; therefore, the transporter is not responsible for the condition of the interior of the vehicle or underneath the vehicle.
- Customer shall, in their absence, designate a person to act as their agent at the point of pickup and/or delivery if for any reason they are unavailable.
- Customer warrants that he/she will pay the full transportation price due to Mega Load Inc. in full and will not try to offset any dispute for damage claims and/or delays etc. from freight (transport) charges. It is Customer’s responsibility to provide payment when Mega Load Inc Driver arrives-unless the balance has been pre-paid in full or a Net agreement was made with Mega Load Inc. Customer agrees that if the payment cannot be made by the methods of cash or certified funds, the vehicle will be stored, at Customer’s expense, until Customer pays in full all transport charges. Should Customer be unable to accept delivery for any reason, the vehicle will be placed in storage. Any and all storage and re-delivery charges will be the responsibility of Customer.
- This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois.
- The parties here agree that all actions or proceedings arising in connection to this agreement shall be tried and litigated exclusively in the State or Federal (if permitted by law and a party elects to file an action in federal court) courts located in Cook County, in the state of Illinois. This choice of venue is intended by the parties to be mandatory and not permissive in nature, and to preclude the possibility of litigation between the parties with respect to, or arising out of, this Agreement in any jurisdiction other than that specified in this section. Each party waives any right it may have to assert the doctrine of forum non-convenience or similar doctrine or to object to venue with respect to any proceeding brought in accordance with this section. By action of this provision, the parties agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the aforementioned court.
- Customer shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Mega Load Inc. from any and all actual or alleged claims, demands, causes of action, liability, loss, damage and/or injury (to property or persons, including without limitation wrongful death), whether brought by an individual or other entity, imposed by a court of law or by administrative action of any federal state or local agency, arising out of or incident to any acts, omissions, negligence, or willful misconduct of Mega Load Inc., or the Carrier, its personnel, employees, agents, or contractors in connection with or arising out of Mega Load Inc. or the Carrier’s actions. The indemnification includes, without limitation, the payment of all penalties, fines, judgments, awards, attorney’s fees, and related costs or expenses, and any reimbursements to Mega Load Inc. for all legal expenses and costs incurred by it.
- Neither party may assign, directly or indirectly, all or part of its rights or obligations under this Agreement without the prior written consent of the other party, which consent shall not be unreasonably withheld or delayed.
- Invalidity or unenforceability of one or more of the provisions in this Agreement shall not affect any other provisions of this Agreement.
- If subcontracted, this agreement and any shipment here under is subject to all terms and conditions of third parties’s tariff and the uniform straight Bill of Lading, copies of which are available at the office that Carrier. This supersedes all prior written or oral representation of Mega Load Inc. and constitutes the entire agreement between Customer and Mega Load Inc. and may not be changed except in writing signed by an officer of Mega Load Inc. Customer warrants that he, she or it has read this agreement in its entirety and by continuing with the transaction, fully understands and agrees to its terms. Further, Customer waives any claims or defenses based in whole or in part on not reading, knowing, or understanding these terms and conditions and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Mega Load Inc. for any fees or costs, including attorney’s fees and costs, arising out of any claims or defenses asserted based upon not reading, having knowledge of, or understanding these terms and conditions.
- If any provision or part of this agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, all other parts of this agreement remain in effect. Transporter’s responsibility for the described vehicle, commences with this Bill of Landing, is issued and signed by the driver and terminates when designated vehicle is delivered at destination.